Every month that passes means we are one month closer to meeting Denning Beta and in the words of my midwife, “it’s starting to get real”. I didn’t post very much this last month, but that was because we were so busy living life and getting our ducks in row before everything changes. We’ve been working hard, spending time with friends, tackling projects around the house and enjoying the start to a long, hot summer. May was a pretty great month.
5 FANTASTIC THINGS I want to remember:
- The perfect weather we had for the entire Memorial Day weekend. We took full advantage of it by walking through the neighborhood, catching a Reds game, attending a baby-wearing class, and strolling through Washington Park and we wrapped it up with a neighborhood cook-out under the stars. Perfection.
- Splurging on a delicious meal to mark the occasion of our friend’s visit home.
- Enjoying the view in Great American Ballpark for not one, but two impromptu Reds games this month to kick off the season.
- Sitting on the porch with my sister, drinking Izze and catching up like old times.
- Experiencing a sense of accomplishment when we figured out a not-so-basic DIY project for our office shelving. Even though it was hard work, it was worth it.
5 FANTASTIC THINGS I’m looking forward to:
- Seeing friends and family and celebrating Denning Beta at a our baby shower.
- Making good use of our first grill (just purchased this weekend)!
- Learning together about childbirth as we attend a series of classes to prepare (as much as one can for something like this).
- Visiting with my dad and step-mom who will be here for the first time since Christmas!
- Spending lots of time at the pool cooling off.