March was an insanely busy month. Now that we can finally see that I am pregnant, the realization that these next few months are going to fly by has really set in. So we’ve been making lists, cause that’s what we do, and actually crossing things off as we go. And in between the check boxes, we both managed to squeeze in a work trip, a visit with friends and a trip to see my family. I wish I could say that April will be different but I am anticipating much of the same, and that’s ok! At least spring is here and we can tackle our projects with some sun and open windows.
5 FANTASTIC THINGS I want to remember:
- Watching Phil’s face when he heard the baby’s heart beat for the first time.
- Showing Cincinnati to our dear friends and ending the night dancing to a New Orleans-style band at one of our favorite bars.
- Finally upgrading our phones after months of frustration, research and debate. (we stayed with Verizon and got the iPhone 5s and the Nokia Lumia Icon).
- Witnessing the intense rivalry between our friend, the high school ping pong champion, and my husband, her arch nemesis.
- Hearing from so many friends after finally sharing the news. The heartfelt congratulations and notes of encouragement were overwhelming. It’s so nice to know we are loved!
5 FANTASTIC THINGS I’m looking forward to:
- Getting back to New Orleans! This will be my first visit back since we moved to Cincinnati almost 2 years ago. I already have a list of restaurants and food that I want to be sure to get before leaving.
- Seeing a big house project finalized so that our back bedroom will finally experience heat in the winter and AC in the summer.
- Hosting our neighborhood krewe for another Friday get together.
- Finishing the Divergent series. Can’t wait to find out how Veronica Roth wraps up the trilogy.
- Enjoying a Reese’s Easter Egg…my all-time favorite Easter candy.