When I think of February, of course the most prominent thing that comes to mind is our vacation to Costa Rica, but there were 3 other weeks in the month and looking back, I was able to do quite a bit. From watching the Olympics to joining a gym, keeping busy helped the longest month of winter pass by pretty quickly (fewer days didn’t hurt either).
5 FANTASTIC THINGS I want to remember:
- Waking up without an alarm to watch the sun rise from our balcony in Costa Rica. The sounds of the wildlife and the beauty of the ocean were the perfect way to start the day.
- Rooting for Team USA at the Sochi Winter Olympics. Regardless of the final medal counts, the competition and athleticism was inspiring to watch.
- Finally buying the lens for our camera that we’ve been eying for awhile. It takes great photos and makes our camera even more portable.
- Getting back on the bike and back in the pool after joining the JCC so I can keep active despite the weather. Both activities were fun, but very humbling. First time in two years to spin or swim and I could definitely tell.
- Finding a project at work that really suits my strengths and has me very excited!
5 FANTASTIC THINGS I’m looking forward to:
- Celebrating the coming of spring, Cincinnati and bock beer at Bockfest.
- Seeing our families. The wintry weather has made it hard to plan visits with any certainty about travel conditions. By the end of this month, we hope to change that.
- Tackling a home improvement project. Since I couldn’t decide on one for February, I’m carrying it over to March!
- Trying new classes at the JCC and building up my stamina in the pool so I’m not dead to the world after 30 minutes of laps.
- Opening day for the Reds!