Happy New Year! We’ve had a busy couple of weeks with lots of travel, family and holiday celebrations, so while I hope to eventually share some photos and also spend some time thinking about what 2014 will have in store for me, I’m not quite ready with those updates yet. In the meantime, I wanted to take a minute to remember how great 2013 was.
At the end of each month, I typically recap 5 great things that I want to remember, but because the end of December also means the end of a year, I thought I would expand my list a bit to include all of 2013. 5 FANTASTIC THINGS I want to remember:
1. We had the opportunity to do some amazing traveling this year. Our trips were a combination of relaxing settings, adventurous activities and family visits. I hope we can continue to travel more in 2014.
2. This was a year of new experiences and adventures, from my first scuba dive and half-marathon to our first-time hosting Thanksgiving dinner. It’s amazing how much you can accomplish in a year!
3. 2013 brought us our new/first home! While we have had some growing pains adjusting to home-ownership, I think we’re starting to get the hang of things and really loving this old house. I’m sure we’ll see many more projects, and learning experiences this year.
4. I set a few resolutions last year that had to do with living a more simple life by paring down on things and not over-committing. I accomplished several smaller goals toward that resolution and know that this will be an ongoing pursuit.
5. Each year would not be complete without all of the small things, like hobbies, that make up the in-between times. This was another great year of cooking, reading and knitting to name a few.
So there you have it. 5 great things from 2013! What fantastic things are you most proud of from the last year?