Wow, did November go by quickly! Thanksgiving came and went in the blink of an eye and now Christmas will be here in just a few very short weeks. As has been the case these last couple of months, the final week was by far the busiest, packed with family, friends, work and house projects. I enjoyed every minute of it, but I am thankful to have a couple of days to rest heading into December.
5 FANTASTIC THINGS I want to remember:
- Hosting our first-ever Thanksgiving meal. I had so much fun making all the preparations for the meal, cooking alongside my husband, and having family over to our new home.
- Putting up Christmas decorations, however sparse they may be, including our first Christmas tree (a real one, of course)!
- A brisk, almost freezing run on Thanksgiving morning followed by a hot cup of coffee and plenty of food.
- Listening to Phil read a history of London picture book to a somewhat confused and overwhelmed 4 year old (my cousin’s son) who thought he had selected a simple pop-up book. Little did he know all he would learn from Phil’s vast knowledge on the subject! (The rest of that weekend was great too. My sister sure knows how to host a house-warming.)
- A relaxing Black Friday spent watching The Holiday, making Christmas ornaments and sipping hot spiced cider with my sister-in-law.
5 FANTASTIC THINGS I’m looking forward to:
- Watching all of my favorite Christmas movies (White Christmas, The Family Stone, Elf, Miracle on 34th Street and more).
- Baking and sharing Christmas cookies.
- Listening to the beautiful music of the choirs at Capital University (my alma mater) during the annual Christmas Festival concert.
- Attending Christmas Eve service, wherever that ends up being, to sing hymns, light candles and reflect on the peacefulness of the evening.
- Taking time to reflect on 2013 and put together a plan for a productive and happy 2014.