While Thanksgiving has never been my favorite holiday, I can certainly appreciate a day that allows us to pause and think about how much we really have to give thanks for. We’ve never gone around the dining table sharing what we are thankful for (maybe this year), but I like the idea of saying it out loud. It somehow makes it seem more important that way. In case I don’t get the chance to share my list tomorrow, I wanted to be sure to say how grateful I am and share those things that are topping my list this year…
- The people who love me unconditionally – my husband, my family and my friends
- Our house and all the projects that come along with it – we are lucky to have a house even if it means lots of extra work
- A job that challenges me, provides for our needs and wants, and has given me some truly wonderful friendships
- My voice and our piano that allow me to fill our house with music
- A healthy, strong body that can run half-marathons, practice yoga, and do everything that I want to do
In addition to giving thanks tomorrow, I’ll be running a 10K downtown Cincinnati, preparing Thanksgiving dinner for my in-laws, putting lights on our tree, and watching White Christmas (an Osborne family tradition). Hope your day is filled with good things and that you find a minute to share what you are thankful for this year. Happy Thanksgiving!