It’s ironic that my September picture is a poolside picture when all I’ve been saying these past few months is how I can’t wait for fall and cooler weather. Go figure. To be honest, I wasn’t very good about taking pictures this month so while I have some really great memories, I don’t have many pictures to prove it. But even though the weather was still hot, reading by the pool over labor day weekend was a really great memory…
5 FANTASTIC THINGS I want to remember:
- Enjoying a 3-day weekend with family complete with pool games, good food and lots of laughs.
- Laughing with the Denning family while they shared old memories and tried to balance spoons on their noses. There may have also been a fairly humorous juggling competition.
- Catching up with my college roommate and best friend during her recent visit to Cincinnati. We’re always able to pick up right where we left off.
- Crossing the finish line at my longest race to date (Hudepohl 14K) and lucking out that the rain stopped right as we headed to the start line.
- Listening to music in a whole new way. We finally got the turn table working and I swear you would think the musicians were in the next room.
5 FANTASTIC THINGS I’m looking forward to:
- I’ve always loved my birthday – the season, the month, the ghost cookies that my mom baked each year. I don’t even mind getting a year older.
- All of my training will hopefully pay off in a few weeks when I finish my first half-marathon in Columbus!
- I can’t believe I still haven’t visited my sister’s new house. Can’t wait to visit with family and see where she now calls home.
- Halloween! Need I say more?
- It’s always easier to knit in the fall and winter then it is in the summer. I’m glad knitting season is finally here.