It was such a lovely surprise to learn that Esther at WhollyKao had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I noticed several visitors coming over from WhollyKao so I clicked over, and lo and behold there was “a little old fashioned” on her list! I love Esther’s blog and always look forward to all of her great DIY posts and other inspirations. Check her out if you haven’t already. And thank you Esther!
The rules of the game are simple:
- Add the award to your blog
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you
- List the rules
- Mention 7 random things about yourself
- Award to 15 or more bloggers
I’m going to start by listing my award recipients – blogs that I think you should definitely look into when you have some time:
1. Anatomy of a Classic
2. Cordelia Calls it Quits
3. Dreams + Jeans
4. Elle & Ish
5. If I Must Say So
6. Live a Little Wilder
7. Nest Design Studio
8. Pretty and Fun
9. Quiet Like Horses
10. Restored Style
11. Reverie to Reality
12. Sadie & Dasie
13. The Daily Muse
14. The Freedom Experiment
15. Tiny Table Sewing
And now for some fun facts about me (7 to be exact – I play by the rules!)…
1. I learned to bake my first pie when I was in middle school and while I don’t do it as often as I used to, I haven’t stopped baking since. My all-time favorite pie is rhubarb and on occasion some strawberries thrown in add just the perfect touch.
2. I drink an insane amount of water. Most days I drink just under a gallon of water at work alone. That doesn’t include the water I drink with dinner or before bed. Because of this, I have become a water snob. I even bring my own gallon jugs of water to work with me everyday filled with the filtered water from my Brita at home. It’s pretty ridiculous!
3. Lilacs are my favorite flower. We had a lilac bush growing up and I remember spending so much time out there soaking in the scent of the flowers trying to get as much of it as possible while they were still in bloom. It’s not a scent that you find often in fragrances or sachets so when I do come across it – I stock up as if I’ll never find it again!
4. I read at the pace at which molasses pours from a jar – SLOWLY! This is only magnified by the fact that when I sit down next to my husband to read, he turns pages left and right making significant progress while I barely make a dent. But that doesn’t stop me. I love to read and try to read a little each week, if not each evening.
5. I am a converted cat lady. We have two cats that we rescued after they were dumped as kittens outside my in-laws’ house in the country. I never thought in a million years that I would have cats since I grew up with a dog and my mom had an EXTREME dislike for cats, but when my mother-in-law told us the story of these abandoned kittens, one of which had been hit by a car and had a broken hip, the animal lover in me decided to give it a try. I am so happy that I did. I’m not sure that they’re your typical cats as one likes to play fetch and the other likes to be held like a baby for hours, but I’ll take em!
6. My heritage is part German and I am quite proud of that. My Oma was born in Germany, so my mom was a first-generation American. I took German in high school and have visited 3 times so far, the most recent being for our honeymoon a year ago. I love it there – the weather, the people, the beer, the sauerkraut (LOVE sauerkraut) and I am so proud that my Oma taught us as much as she did about our family history and where we came from.
7. I am fortunate to be a big sister to an amazing young woman who sometimes feels like my big sister! We have been pals from the start. Most people thought there was something wrong with us because we rarely fought, but it was true – we just liked each other. We are not quite 3 years apart and I am so happy that my parents gave me a playmate and a life-long friend.
Whew! I think that’s enough for one day and probably more than you wanted to know about me. But I am just following the rules!